Saturday, February 20, 2010

Are there hotels or inns where the rooms look like traditional Japanese houses?

Like is there a place my friend, boyfriend, and I can stay where everything is pretty much like how it was centuries ago? Also, what cites are good places to visit besides Tokyo?Are there hotels or inns where the rooms look like traditional Japanese houses?
The first question has been answered well by the first person, but Ryoukan make their home nestled in the Hakone area (1 hr. from Tokyo near Fujiyama). As for the second, Kobe-Osaka-Kyoto area is nice, home of Universal Osaka and Toeiland (A place similar to Universal that is a hot set, but more fun for those that know Japanese. The Haunted house rocked.) And Hiroshima, if you have a Bayview window, is fabulous. And A fun day trip from Hiroshima is Miyajima.





Note: mainelyed, please leave your ethnocentrism at the door. You went to one ryokan and happened to have a bad experience. The main problem I have is your complaint that ';You have to leave your shoes at the door. That makes no sense'; They leave shoes because they're dirty, and personally, I'd be shocked if this came from a P2P experience because those TEACH acceptance of a world culture (Some people on my trip acted just the same way as you did.)Are there hotels or inns where the rooms look like traditional Japanese houses?
Ive been to some of those so called inns flea infested holes, racid food then you have to bath with all these old leering prunes. And they hate you becouse your a foringer and overcharge you. they make you leave your shoes at the door I caught one of the ol buzzards wearin my shoes. just stay home were its safe and fill your face with McDonalds
Although I have never been to Japan myself, I have done some study on it.


Yes, there are inns that are like traditional Japanese homes. they are called ryokan. They have traditional bed and bath, and you even get a yukata, or Japanese robe. Often, these are parts of the Japanese Inn Group. The last I heard, the head office phone number is: (03)3822-2251, in case you're interested. Last price I heard, was between 4,000 to 6,000 yen per person-- which is pretty good.





As for good places to visit, I hear Kyoto is very beautiful, and if you're looking for traditional, that's the place. If I ever go to Japan, that's the palce I would go.


Hope I was of some help.

No comments:

Post a Comment